Friday, April 13, 2007

Let the Games Begin!

This weekend Alayna and Alexie's soccer teams have their first games. Both teams practiced tonight on a very soogy field. While it wasn't raining, the ground was soaked. Oh the memories - and the laundry. Really though, our family enjoys soccer season. It is a fun time with friends.

I thought I might take a few minutes to share a little of my spiritual journey with you. My spiritual journey began at a young age. When I was four, I was at a Vacation Bible School. I remember we were outside. The teacher had her small group of kids (except one cute, little, blond boy) in a little circle on the grass. She asked whether any of us wanted to ask Jesus into our hearts. I doubt she ever know that as I was walking around a tree near the group, I asked Him into my heart.

Of course, my faith and knowledge have grown as I have grown over the years. But that is only by the grace of our Lord. Throughout my life, He has put people into my life that have been like trail markers, affirming that I am on the right path and guiding me along the way. I can remember people like my Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Humphrey, who made me feel like I was really special. Later there was my youth pastor, Pastor Ted, who showed me what it means to serve within a church. There were numerous others who God brought into my life at different times. Each showed me a different aspect of walking with Jesus. Each showed me what I needed to see at that time.

God is so faithful! He not only prepares the way, He prepares us to follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment