Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Vacation Begins

Lisa and I went to Chicago this weekend. The missions team from Cornerstone has asked us to present their cross-cultural orientation training for them. So we went to get the latest updates of the training ourselves. Meanwhile, the girls spent time with Grandma and a family friend who is an expert at spoiling them. All reports indicate that a great time was had.

I have begun my vacation. Although it is not likely to be a time of R&R. Monday night we had a soccer game to get ready for. We have been busy getting health insurance applications completed. We were supposed to have a soccer party for both teams we coach tonight, but the storms forced a postponement until Friday night. Saturday, the girls will spend the day with another family friend while we present the training to the missions team.

It isn't all work though. We spent the day at my Mom's on Sunday. Late Sunday night my brother and a friend invited me for a night-time ride along Lake Michigan. The sky was clear and the stars were brilliant! I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment