Friday, May 9, 2008

Dreams

Last night I read Adriana a story we have read together many, many times, All the Places to Love. It is a children's picture book Lisa got for me several years ago. The story is told through the eyes of a young boy growing up on the family farm. Each member of the family has a place on the farm that is nearest to their heart. The descriptions really give insight as to why each of those places is special. The illustrations are endearing as well.

Inside the cover, Lisa wrote, "Don't give up on your dream... Someday my love." You see, I have always dreamed of owning property that has places like those described in the book. I was surprised when Adriana said, "This is just like your hundred acres, Daddy." I was surprised because I guess she would have already made the connection to my having that book and the dream we have sometimes talked about. (She is my nature-loving girl, so we have spoken of it many times.)

We talked about how God knows our dreams. He knows what our heart desires. He also knows what is best for us. We need to trust Him with those dreams when we seem to be walking away from them. If we are following where He is leading us, it is the right place to be.

There are many good lines in the book, but I like to identify with Grandpa's journey best
Grandfather once lived in the city,
And once he lived by the sea;
But the barn is the place he loves most.
Where else, he says, can the soft sound of cows
chewing

Make all the difference in the world?

Someday I will enjoy property with All the Places to Love. Perhaps it will be on this side of eternity. Until that day comes, wherever it comes, I will enjoy the joy of the dream...

Grace,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment