Thursday, March 12, 2009

Anticipation of the Cardboard Box

After spending the last few weeks diligently searching through a catalog and researching on the internet, I have finally placed the order for supplies for next year's school year. Those of you who know me or ever stood behind me while I checked out several armloads of books, realize how hard it is for us to be without a library. There is a library here, but most seem to be leftovers from someone's garage sale back in the US and when I asked about children's books, I was told there were 5. Part of a set of encyclopedias. We do not even have water 24 hours a day, so it is not surprising the library is lacking. Anyway, sometime in the next several weeks, we will go to the post office and find what looks like an ordinary cardboard box addressed to us. But really it will be a treasure chest containing:

5 art supplies
3 craft kits
5 games
2 CD-ROMS, one to go along with biology and one for history
one microscope and 2 biology lab sets
and 126 books!

Treasures to help us during the long rainy season and materials to educate four daughters in Grades 2, 5, 7 and 9! History, science, art, music, math, grammar, literature....oh, my!
Can't wait...
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. yes, I remember your table FULL of books at the library and I'm sure you are missing it! Even without interlibrary loan (that I REALLY miss) I am very blessed to have a "real" library!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete