Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Notebook

Thomas and I watched this incredible love story last night. Tears streamed down my face. What makes it especially powerful for me is my grandfather is currently living this. He has shown me what true love is as he faithfully cares for my grandmother. It is heartbreaking to think that the one you have shared your life with may at sometime think you are a stranger.

Encouragement is what I have been praying for and often God sends it in unexpected ways. Sometimes the best road is not the easy road and that is where we find ourselves. Moving to the other side of the world to minister is anything but easy. This week we had a few things happen that we hadn't expected that make it that much more challenging. But reflecting on the movie, I gained a much needed perspective. Yes, there are many uncertainties but standing with me is the love of my life. Together we committed to a lifetime together ... for better or worse, richer or poorer, and in sickness and in health. I have always felt Thomas was a special gift from God to me. Whatever our address or the balance in our bank account is we'll be together and that's what really matters.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment