Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pay Attention!

We are reading Clementine by Sara Pennypacker.

Then I got busy working on my project so I wouldn't have to hear any "Clementine-pay-attention!"s.


Except I did anyway. Which was unfair because each time, I was the only person in the whole art room who was paying attention. Which is why I could tell everyone right in the middle of the Pledge of Allegiance that the lunchroom lady was sitting in the janitor's car and they were kissing. Again. No one else saw this disgusting scene, because no one else was paying attention out the window!


And after that, when it was my turn to pass around the stapler, I could tell everyone that the art teacher's scarf had an egg stain on it that looked-if you squinted-exactly like a pelican, which nobody else noticed.


"Clementine, you need to pay attention!" the art teacher said one more time. And just like the other times, I was paying attention.

Yes, we understand this quite well. Seems we have a Clementine living with us. It’s great to read about and laugh, because quite honestly the reality show we’re living in isn’t always so funny. Sure she’s paying attention to what’s going on out her window and creates stories in her mind but that doesn’t get her math done. You guessed it… rough week of school. I’d schedule a parent-teacher conference but I spend enough time talking to myself!

Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment