Friday, April 11, 2008

Death and

They say the only sure things in life are death and taxes. With death, God is who I am accountable to and He has already taken care of it and I don't need to worry about the due date. Taxes, on the other hand, are created by man, made more complicated every year, and increase sales of aspirin as the deadline approaches.

This is the latest I have been in getting my taxes completed in a long time. But today, I sent my tax electrons on their way to the appropriate government offices through the magic of the internet. Usually, I have them completed and any refund safely in my bank account by this time. To say that 2007 was more complicated than previous years is a bit of an understatement.


I am a big picture kind of person. I like to take an idea and see how I can make it work. Details are not my preference. I generally see details as a necessary evil. Taxes are a detail, therefore taxes must be evil. Going into full-time missionary service is big picture. I have a pretty good grasp of the challenges we will encounter in this transition. I can handle that. Besides, God forgives, the IRS doesn't. God understands my intent. The IRS only cares about what made it to the paper.


Oh well. One more item is now checked off the to-do list. We have a whole 48 more days to clean up the rest of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment