Friday, September 26, 2008

Is There a Lawyer in the House?

Yesterday I attempted to call the legal department of Immigration. When a message stated they were not receiving calls, I went to have a face-to-face conversation. Everyone at Immigration greeted me warmly except for the head of the legal department. She clearly communicated she was annoyed to see me again. (While we were talking, I noticed that the office assistant was looking through our application and entering our names in a log book. At least we know it has made it to the right department.) She was not influenced when I told her we were doing mercy ministry next Friday morning. "You missionaries are all here for the same reason." My Filipino companion then had a conversation with her. Not sure what they said but I asked if we could come Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. and she agreed. We can have our hearing then IF a lawyer is available. Not exactly an official appointment for a hearing but we are trusting God to make a way so a lawyer will be available and we will successfully finish this game of Calvinball victoriously as we need to catch the bus.

Today, a friend sent an email encouraging us to read Psalm 46. Thomas felt it was good to be reminded to, "Be still, and know that I am God," and that God will be exalted among the nations.

Please pray that our meeting will take place on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment