Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hidin' It In Their Heart

Tuesdays I go to teach values education. When I first starting teaching this class of sixth graders, I would assign some homework to go along with the lesson. Some would complete it, but many would not. The regular classroom teacher shared with me that it is the same with the rest of their coursework. None of the assignments were difficult and I made sure to provide all the supplies needed to complete them. Now that you have the background, hopefully you can better understand how excited I was today to have 20 of the 25 students able to recite last week's Scripture verse.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

I look forward to what God is going to do as they learn His Word!

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. That is so exciting Lisa! What are great thing you are able to be a part of. As I read the verse I could hear the kids saying the verse in their accent. :-) It made my heart smile.
    Praying for you and your family!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great opportunity and awesome results!

    Holly Wallace

    ReplyDelete