Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Faith of a Child

For you early readers in the Midwest, I apologize for not publishing this earlier. We have been chasing Internet hot spots trying to get connected and have been unsuccessful until now.

Yesterday our classmate, Leon, inadvertently got his hand into a yellow jacket nest. He got stung 7 times on the hand and twice on the forehead. He asked Annalise to pray for him. She in the mighty power and faith of a 5-year-old took his hand in hers and prayed. The only words audible to Leon were, "Jesus Leon Amen." Immediately, the pain left his hand. He asked her to pray for his head. Again the pain was gone immediately after she prayed.

I was unaware this had happened. Annalise came into our room and told me "One time Leon got stung by bees 7 times. We should pray for him." I bowed my head in agreement as she prayed, "God please help Leon feel better." Moments later there was a knock on our door. It was Leon who came to tell me what had happened and to say he had no trace of any pain!

Later in the afternoon, Leon and I were helping to belay someone on the giant swing. I asked if pulling on the rope was hurting Leon's hand. He again said there was no pain!

I praise God for this wonderful sign! He time and time again emphasized we need to come like little children. I pray this is an encouragement to you in your day today.

Grace,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment