Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ropes, Again!

Okay, so maybe you are tired of hearing about the ropes course. But if you ever visit and participate, you will understand the significant emotional event that the ropes course can present. Today Alayna and Alexie had the opportunity to do the high ropes course. In the pictures you never really get the perspective that all of this is being done 30' or so in the air. It is a physically and mentally challenging thing to do. But it is also a lot of fun.


Of course we also had class today. We have tried not to make this blog a theological discussion page, so we don't often discuss too much of what we are talking about in class. In general, our teaching has had to do with hearing God's voice and our position before the Father. Today, Peter Illyan spoke of his father's childhood flight from Ukraine, through China, then Europe, to Paraguay, and finally to the U.S.A. It was a heart rending tale. Lisa and I are both eager to hear more from him. From what we heard so far, I think this will be a week where we disucss both hearing God's voice and our position before the Father.

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm a day late with this blog entry, but it seems to be the way my life is going these days! Just wanted to offer my childcare services if you need another night out. Just put them on a plane and I'll pick them up! I do not know if my "arts and crafts" would keep them entertained anymore! The only ropes I have are jump ropes. Presentation about Reynosa was short but sweet on Sunday. World Servants just posted my dream mission trip. Have to start saving.
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what does a "dream mission trip" look like to you?

    ReplyDelete