Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Memoirs

Saturday afternoon, my brother and sister braved dangers of childcare while Lisa and I met with my Dad, his brothers, and their wives. I was eager to get the three brothers together to share their stories of life in my grandparents' home. While they shared story after story, I had the video recording the whole conversation. It is interesting to hear them share and seeing how they interact with one another. Genealogy is not too interesting to me when it consists of dates and titles, but I love to hear stories.



My dad and uncles grew up on a farm. They did not have much, but they did have family around. Their work was hard, but when talking about favorite things on the farm, it was usually related to a season of work: harvesting mint, haying, etc. Pressing further you would find that the enjoyment of this work came from the friends and family that would join in and the meals that would be shared.

I am blessed with a good heritage of hardworking, loving, and faithful people.

Grace,
Tom

1 comment:

  1. hmmm... your two uncles on either side look pretty nice, but the guy in the middle looks like he's hiding something!

    ReplyDelete