Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What We Have Learned

Thomas and I sat down to write what the most important thing we had learned without any knowledge of what the other was thinking. We did this for Adriana's birthday book. Here's what we wrote:

The most important thing I have learned is I am deeply loved by my Heavenly Father. His love is not dependent on what I do or don't do. His love is not only unconditional, it is eternal. He loves me because I am His child.
Lisa

Probably the most important thing I have learned in my life is that God loves me. He loves me the way I am, not just for who He desires me to become. He loves the way I talk. He loves the way I think. He enjoys the silly songs and the most beautiful of my artwork. He is eager to hear what is on my heart, even when it is not all good and pure. He loved me for who I have been and He loves me for who I am. But He loves me so much that He will not leave me the way I am now; He sees who I can become.
Thomas

I share these because it is our heart that everyone know this. Yes, our 13-year-old and all our other daughters too. But if you were to ask me what my heart for our ministry in the Philippines was it would be this message of God's love. So many are trying to appease the gods. In their fear, they offer various sacrifices. Many others, even in their worship of the true God, are caught up in a religion of works constantly striving to earn rather than accepting the gift God offers. This too seems motivated by fear. Our prayer is that all would be released from this bondage...



No comments:

Post a Comment