Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day 7

We made it!! We arrived about 1:00 pm, local time. We made good time today. The last part of the trip was in the rain. I am sure the rear shocks of the van are sighing in relief.

This is the entrance drive to the base.

There was a nice collection of items waiting in our room for us.

Thank you for all of your prayers. The trip was a much better experience than I had hoped for. The girls were generally well behaved and travelled well. We didn't have any real problems at all. We were blessed to see the variety of God's creation. That was probably my favorite part of the journey. We are all looking forward to establishing a new normal instead of living in the van.

Please pray for all of us to make the adjustments to life at the base. We look forward to meeting the staff and students on the base. Alayna and Annalise have already found a few children to befriend. Once they learn Korean, they will even be able to talk to them!

Grace,
Tom

4 comments:

  1. Hi to my favorite Maxwells....So glad to get your call and see your posting that you arrived safely.
    It is Sunday morning and beautiful here. We have breakfast in the oven and reading the paper before church. Plan on spending the afternoon on the boat in the sun. Package sent out to you yesterday with some "essentials", ha. ha. Gr.Grandma & Grandpa to arrive on Wednesday. Samanthat leaves for DC on Tuesday and of course we know that DC will never be the same.
    Miss you guys, keep the pics and journal going and good luck on your classes tomorrow. Love, Mom & Dad (AKA Gr. & Gr. B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad and relieved you made it. I was at a bridal shower for David Brainer and Lara at the Kletzing's last night and everyone was talking about your blog and trip. Hi and love to all.
    Emmer

    The real adventure begins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom
    I stumbled onto your BLOG...
    I'm a local/home grown Oregonian. In just 6 days I'll be out of school (no more 6th graders...) and starting my summer plans.

    However, God has brought me into another possible journey - and as I read about your journey- I have some questions for you- that may help me in my path.

    I'm sure you are really getting busy with YWAM and getting settled. I'm excited for you and look forward to reading more.

    God Bless
    Brad G
    member of Village Baptist Church
    Beaverton Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brad, I would be glad to answer any questions I can. For a more personal conversation, feel free to send an email.

    ReplyDelete