Saturday, June 2, 2007

Last Day

I had my last day at work. I was honored by my coworkers with a farewell gathering complete with cake, card, and gift. I appreciated the kind words many offered. In between that and other appointments I tried to answer questions that my replacement had come up with in my absence. For lunch, Lisa met us at the favorite Chinese restaurant for a final good-bye to some of those with whom I have worked all these years.

Afterward we celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary by packing sleeping bags and other items into vacuum bags. It was our first experience with them. They are pretty cool. Not really much of an anniversary celebration, but at least it is better than the time we spent it at the hospital when I had knee surgery. (I have a very, very patient and understanding bride!)

Saturday we will spend the day packing and finishing up other last minute details.

It is just around the corner now!

1 comment:

  1. Your replacement very much appreciates the effort you put in to organizing the way you did business. So far, it is business as usual. I have more questions...but we are working through them as a team.

    ReplyDelete