Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

This first picture is actually from Friday, but it is what Father's Day is all about isn't it - kids and ice cream? Well, at least the ice cream - er, I mean, kids.











I couldn't resist taking and sharing this picture with you. Annalise was beside her bed praying when I walked in on her Friday night. Maybe she was thanking God for the ice cream she had eaten in the picture above.










This morning we went to the Salem Vineyard church again. It isn't yet what Cornerstone has been for us, but everybody except Adriana seems to like it there. I think I can add that to the answered prayers list. But I think I will add Adriana's adjustment to our new lifestyle to the prayer list. She is having a difficult time adjusting sometimes. She loves the freedom. She loves getting to know our new Korean friends. But I think she misses the known and predictable.

Tonight after dinner, our friend Kevin brought out his computer and projector and we gathered the kids (and plenty of adults, too) to watch a couple movies. It was a fun time. We moved the couches around in the lounge and put a mattress on the floor for the kids. Everybody had a great time.

A funny thing happened during the movie. One of the little boys got up, stepped out of the room, and pee'd on the sidewalk just outside of the building. I am not sure if it has to do with his culture or just that he is a boy. Whichever it is, I hope he will soon learn to at least use the flower beds instead of the walkway.

Believe it or not, I am done with my homework assignment before Lisa! Of course, I doubt I would get a better grade. I guess that's the burden I have to bear for marrying someone who is not only gorgeous, but intelligent also. I am soooooo blessed!This picture is of our friends Norma and Natalie with Lisa. They are all working on decorating their journals.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Everyone!
    Tom and Alexie - do you remember Father's Day last year? I vaguely remember something about stud muffins and wuperman.
    Lisa - I have to tell you I am so proud of you. You have really stepped out of your comfort zone with some of the training! Actually, you have stepped out of a lot of peoples comfort zone!
    Alexie and Alayna - great job interviewing perfect strangers. I think you are going to be reporters!
    Annalise- way to go with making new friends! You will have to teach me Korean when you come back for Turkey Day!
    Adriana - I am most proud of you! I know this experience has been tough, but you are one tough cookie! I have a question for you - you know the mint plants you gave me? They are turning yellow -am I watering them too much? I don't think they are supposed to be yellow!
    You all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. emmer,
    Are they in the shade? I planted mine in the sunny spot in the yard. Or maybe they're catching the same disease as your lilacs have. As for watering them too much, just make sure you're not letting them stand in a pool of water. Or maybe the heat is burning them up. I heard of 99 degree days at home this summer:)
    Adriana
    P.S. I now have a Korean name-Yona, only beautiful woman in the world.

    ReplyDelete