Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hearing God's Voice

This week Donna Jordan is teaching on hearing God's voice. I'm sure that she is an excellent teacher based on this first day but God has other more powerful ways He often speaks to me. As we heard in class today, unless we come as children we won't understand the kingdom of God. How blessed am I that God has given me four precious daughters to show me the way. Tonight Annalise knelt beside her bed, folded her hands and prayed. "God, I need to have some quiet time with You. I talk to You but don't know what You are saying. Can You shout so I can hear what You are telling me?"

What can I say except, Amen, so be it! I have been challenged this last week. Sure I pray but do I really take time to listen? Maybe I could hear God if I let Him get a word in.

Also, tonight...

Alexie was climbing the climbing wall and Dirk, staff assisting Alexie, commented on how trusting she was. I think I have clearly communicated my fear of heights yet my 10-year-old is struggling to reach higher and higher and if she loses her grip she knows Dirk is holding the rope so she keeps stretching and trying until she makes it all the way. That's how I want to be. I want to have the faith that I can keep climbing. I don't have to waste time worrying because I know I can trust God to hold the rope.

The question today was "Do you believe you will go to heaven?"

When all in class answered confidently, "Yes." Donna continued,

"If you believe you will go to heaven why can't you trust Him for tomorrow?"


Good question...certainly I can.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment