Monday, July 16, 2007

Beach Combing

I can officially say yesterday to the events of this blog. It just turned 12:01a.m. The internet is not playing well in our building right now so there is a delay between when I am composing this and when it will get posted. By the way, I have added a poll question to the blog. A simple one to test it out.

We spent the day at the beach. We drove to Lincoln City’s Road End Beach and a couple spots around Depoe Bay. It was nice. Annalise was initially disappointed that we were not donning our swimsuits, but after a little wading, I think she even realized it was too cold for swimming.

Just south of Depoe Bay we found a neat place to climb around on the rocks. It was neat to explore this new part of God’s creation. I love His creativity. Enjoy the video and the pictures.





For meals, we had a picnic in Lincoln City at the beach. On our way from there to Depoe Bay, we stopped at Dairy Queen and were able to cash in gift certificates from some of our soccer players for a treat. (Thanks, Lauren and Danielle!) To wrap it all up, we had dinner at Mo’s restaurant. Adriana has decided that she enjoys clam chowder and Annalise has discovered scallops.

Friday, the girls’ COD class was part of an outreach to the local community. Some of them went a nursing home and visited with the residents there. The others went to a park downtown and handed out free lemonade. Later they will repeat it so that everyone can participate in both types of ministry.

Grace,
Tom

p.s. As I logged on this morning to post the blog, I got a great report from the Cornerstone Team! Check out the comment from the previous post. Well done, team!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Tom,
    I love reading you blog. It reminds us alot of our own time in Salem and then preparing to go to the Philippines. I was wondering if you could tell me who the artist was singing on your video? I loved it!!
    Blessings to you and yours,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me into your family time today! The video truly blessed me . . . Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise,
    I hope you find ENCOURAGEMENT as you are reminded of the early steps in your journey. The song is Strollin' on the Water, from Bryan Duncan's album, The Last Time I was Here.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kids, Got our tickets will be there soon !!!Love your stories .Love Mom

    ReplyDelete