Thursday, July 12, 2007

Catchin' Up

Yesterday morning I woke up early so that I could go to the chapel to pray. It was a nice time. While I was praying, I got the impression the Lord wanted me to take the girls to McDonald’s for breakfast. (No sarcasm or hidden agenda here, I really did feel He was leading me to do so.) So when I came back and woke everybody up I took the girls to McDonald’s. Lisa was able to have breakfast and quiet time (a misnomer lately) while we were gone. The girls and I enjoyed talking on the drive and while we ate. It was definitely a divine appointment at the golden arches.
Then we all went to class. Lisa and I are going through a class entitled the divine plumb line. It has been a good discussion. It is probably premature to discuss right now since we are in the middle of it: perhaps this weekend.

For our small groups, our leaders took us out: guys to Dairy Queen, ladies to Starbucks. What a fast-food day for me. But I must say, the Blizzard was a most excellent treat.

This morning I took Alexie up to the chapel to pray. It was nice to have some time with just Alexie. On our way back down, Alexie commented that she enjoys how quiet and peaceful it is in the chapel. Lisa and I have decided to rotate taking the girls up there for some one-on-one discipleship and prayer. Tomorrow morning Lisa will take Alayna.

After class today, we went to the library to read up on the Philippines. The Salem library has a very neat children’s section. (Rhonda, you would be jealous.) The girls are hoping to visit again when they can “just have fun”. Such is the way with homeschooling, we are going to the Philippines, so we looked into books about the Philippines. Of course, we would have done some of the “fun” stuff, but we had to get Adriana to the orthodontist. That was another blessing. Because Adriana is in the middle of some orthodontic work, our orthodontist at home gave instructions for things he wanted done while we are here. At church here, we asked someone if they knew of a good orthodontist in town. She made a recommendation of a Christian who she thought offered his services at a discount to missionaries. When we got there, he stated that he would provide his services to us free of charge. God is good!

Grace,
Tom

2 comments:

  1. free orthodontist!? that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found Ellen...sending her to the Phillipines.

    We are all well and having a blessed time. We{ve mede friends here and they feed us well. We{re wondering why our last leader couldn{t find us friends that could cook more than pb and j or turkey...

    ReplyDelete