Tuesday, July 17, 2007

You've Got Mail!

These are words that everyone likes to hear, especially people who have been far from home like us. We are so blessed by those of you who have sent us mail, packages, and emails. Everyone here on the base appreciated us sharing our cookies with them...the Oreos quickly disappeared! The Koreans are very generous to share their care packages as well. We have had myul chi and maleun o jing eo. (Anchovies and dried squid for those unfamiliar with Korean.) We also learned today that it is traditional for the Koreans to be served seaweed soup for breakfast on their birthday. I think I'm safe in speaking for my August birthday girls, Annalise and Alayna, that they would prefer the tradition of their homeland. Bring on the cake and ice cream!

We are happy to share this journey with all of you. But take a minute and reveal yourself. Leave us a comment or drop us an email GardenofGrace@gmail.com so we know who is looking in the window of our lives. We would love to hear from you!

Blessings and love to all...
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if you remember me, but I am Lisa Smith from Mops, i guess is where we met....i got your blogsite off of Judith Herdklotz's site i think ;) ....you said to share, so here i go ;) If you want a peak into life for me, you can check out madeforjoy.blogspot.com :)....otherwise, i will make this short and sweet. :) i am sooo enjoying your journey! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola,
    I am still re-entering and processing! Today is actually the first day I did not arrive at work half asleep! Lisa, my prayers are more fervent for all of you in coping with communal living! I learned my OCDness includes more than just clean sink tops!
    I have to admit the ice cream and cake sounds a whole lot better than seaweed soup, but the latter is probably more in line with my diet!
    Love to all,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! ive loved hearing my parents reports of what a wonderful time they are having. I cant wait until i can come be a part of it for a bit ... time is speeding up on me for sure. For now, enjoy them a ton for me :) im constantly in prayer for all you guys

    *take care*
    fondly,
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. All

    Just letting you know I stop by nearly every day.

    Brad G

    ReplyDelete