Saturday, July 21, 2007

More Good Words

Yesterday (and today) we had a very good time in class. The same speaker who had a good word for Alexie has been our teacher all week. There is much that can be said, but the very short summary of his discussion is that we need to recognize all we are in Christ and how that will impact who we are in this world.

He also had a word of encouragement for Lisa and me today. He feels that there is a special annointing on our family. He said several other things as well, but for now I will hold those close to my heart.

After lunch we had small group time. The men were treated to some team building on the ropes course. First we had an exercise to build a "throne" for our team leader. Both groups accomplished the task. Fortunately it only had to support him for 10 seconds. (As you may have guessed, the rules had a few interesting quirks.) Next we did the high ropes circuit. One part of it was very challenging for me. (It's one thing to coach and encourage people from the ground, another to be working our way across a challenge 30' in the air.) One member of our team ran into some very real physical challenges while up there. While disheartening for him at that time, I think the event really added to what we learned through the experience.

Adriana was sick beginning early Thursday morning and lasting through last night. She seemed to be doing much better today. But she found how much she really does like to be around people as she was alone most of the day on Thursday and did not find it pleasant. Maybe in the end this will have been a good experience for her. Regardless of the long-term implications, we are glad that she is well today.

Of course it was fortunate for her that she is doing better. Today, COD went to an indoor water park. The kids all had a great time. It sounds like quite a place.

(Sorry, I don't have pictures of the kids at the water park yet - only pictures of a bunch of old men. I can say that because they are all older than me and I am not in the pictures ;0)

Grace,
Tom

1 comment:

  1. Hola Maxwells,

    I hope all is going well. I just wanted to drop a note and let you know that I am continually praying for you. I enjoy reading your entries each day. God is amazing, isn't he? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete