Tuesday, July 3, 2007

WBF Video & Photos

Today we had worship in the morning. It was a great experience. The worship leader is Korean and she had the words for the songs projected in both English and Korean (along with Korean pronunciation wording). It was fantastic to both sing and to hear the songs in both languages.

After class, while the girls worked on some of their homeschooling assignments, I worked on the following video and pictures from the World Beat Festival.



Thankfully, my computer is playing nice again thanks to God coordinating things to have a tech
support guy (like you talk to on the phone when having computer problems) here from Brazil. He is using his vacation to serve with the wilderness trips and ropes course here at the base. What a blessing. (Thanks again, Jason!)

Alayna and Annalise enjoyed some more no-snow sledding tonight after dinner. When you get hit at the bottom of the hill during the winter, it's painful. But, as Alayna can testify, having a sled hit your shin when you are wearing shorts is definitely no fun. I felt really bad for her. Later I found it must not have been as painful as I suspected because when I returned from putting her bike away for her, she was heading down the hill again. The girls are definitely enjoying how much time they get to spend outside. I just hope their knees get a chance to heal.

Well, it is really late and I should have been in bed quite a while ago. The internet connection has been frustrating the past week, so tonight's entry took much longer than it should have. But I am very glad to have it. We really do enjoy posting the day's events and getting comments and emails from y'all.

Grace,
Tom

3 comments:

  1. Tom,
    I haven't seen you move this fast since you took the "hot hose shower" on out Montana mission! Were there any sore ankles after the festival? I just found out that I will be driving our group in Mexico; we may wind up Guatemala!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember tinkle sticks! Back in the olden days we used to do them in gym class. I think I still have the scars to prove it! You definately have to have rhythm!
    We continue to prepare for Mexico. Chuck asked me if we could be clowns - I told him the clown is gone. But he is a big clown so we may grant his wish. I was glad to see you finally got some horseback riding in.
    Love to all-

    ReplyDelete
  3. ''y'all?!?!'' You keep hangin' 'round us Texicans much longer and you'll be talkin' real good!

    Nat

    ps Who's the cute little blonde chick?

    ReplyDelete