Wednesday, July 4, 2007

No Complaints

Today Alexie has been excited. She is preparing to be part of the COD worship team. So they had their first practice this afternoon.

The girls have also been excited about an outreach project they are working toward. They are saving up enough money to buy radio air time so they can send a message of God's love into North Korea. They have a lemonade stand set-up. Tomorrow is a car wash if anybody wants to make the trip over, you can get your car washed, but you had better leave soon.

I enjoyed playing on the trampoline with Annalise before dinner. Of course, if I bounce with her, she can't stand up at all, but we had a good time. It is hard to play with just one of my girls anytime, but here playing with just one of them and not two of their friends as well can be very difficult. It was nice to have some one-on-one time.

Every Tuesday, we have an evening service. Lisa told me that tonight's message about not complaining was very good. I missed it because I was still doing dishes when the service started. Man, there are sooo many dishes and they are so dirty. Then there are the floors. I can't believe how dirty the floors can get. Did I ever tell you how nasty the dishwater can be after washing all of those disgusting dishes? Community life can be such a bother sometimes. You don't get much time alone. Personal space is almost non-existent. I suppose I wouldn't have enjoyed the sermon much anyway - you know how preachy preachers can be.

Well, God is really blessing us in our time here. It isn't all roses, but it is a nice garden. Thanks for all of your prayers and support.

Grace,
Tom

2 comments:

  1. Did Lisa fail to mention that you were the object lesson last night, too, Tom? Not only do I recognize your subtle sense of humor here, I know full well what a servant you are . . . thanks to you and Lisa for serving the Body of Christ here at YWAM Salem! I personally have been the recipient of acts of kindness and help from each of you. I'm constantly amazed at Lisa's "attention to detail" . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. How refreshing to hear people working, serving and not complaining :-) I have been putting the final touches on VBS Mexico today and wondering if it will ever end! It's a lot different when you are the only group. I'm sure we will have fun. Team members are starting to call and check in - they are excited. Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare our hearts and minds for the people of Reynosa.
    How long will that lemonade stand have to be up and running to get enough air time?

    ReplyDelete