Monday, July 23, 2007

Tiring Day

I try hard to not complain about things here. I really want this blog to be encouraging to those who read it. Not that I am hiding stuff and giving a false impression. You already know that life happens even in good situations. Why bother whining about it?

But today was tiring. We are working to not need formal schooling for the two months in the Philippines. Of course that means the girls are having some schooling now. Today was the deadline for an assignment the girls have had all week. The assignment is not difficult but it needed to be done. It was a real challenge for all of us today. Then of course there were other things, like disobedience and dishonesty.

Whining time over...

I had a fun time this afternoon when I got to go play soccer. There is a group that meets at Willamette University every Sunday, although this was my first. If I had any skill or speed, I would have been a force to reckon with. As it is, not so much. But I did have fun. This too, fits under the title of tiring day. I am waaaayyy out of shape.

Since I don't have any pictures, here's a video from a few days ago.



Grace,
Tom

p.s. I don't have kitchen duty on the weekend, so that was nice, too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me have a cameo appearance...

    - Victor R. Braun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me have a cameo appearance in the video! :)

    - Victor R. Braun

    ReplyDelete