Sunday, July 8, 2007

Silver Falls


Today our CDTS class and families went to Silver Falls State Park. It is an absolutely beautiful place. We only made it to one waterfall. Not everybody was wanting to spend the day hiking when there is water that can be played in right in front of you. (I am proud of myself that I didn't push for the hike but was satisfied to just stop and play.)


Wading in the shallow water wasn't too cold. But of course that wasn't enough for us manly men. Four of us worked our way around behind the water fall, came through it, and swam across the pond at the bottom. It was incredibly cold and much more difficult than I had expected. Several people asked me if I had fun. I am glad I did it, but I wouldn't use the word fun.The girls had a great time splashing and trying to skip stones. They also had fun playing with the adults who are part of the team. Lisa and I look forward to the opportunity to come again on a date and hike to all the falls.


Our mission team from Cornerstone should have gotten off to Reynosa, Mexico this morning. (Joe, Brenda, and team, you are in our prayers.) We are excited to hear a good report.
We were able to talk with our class leaders about the Philippines a little bit today. It was especially interesting to hear the kids (not ours, but others) ask questions. I am really looking forward to serving alongside the kids who are part of our team.
Tonight I am getting the blog done before 10 p.m. (wooohooo!) I might even get to bed early today. That would be nice since the swim really took a lot out of me.
Grace to you all,
Tom

2 comments:

  1. Has anyone seen Chuck or Ellen? They took a bump and said something about the Phillipines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought we had made it clear that Chuck was not supposed to be in charge of anything valuable. When we get to the Philippines we will look for them...and the camera and the coat and the airline tickets and the... Did everything go well getting to Reynosa?

    ReplyDelete