Thursday, July 19, 2007

Outreach Plans

We had a meeting to discuss outreach today. We smiled for our visa photos and filled out the applications. It was a delight to see Harry and Dee's photos of the Philippines. One photo was particularly interesting as I recognized it from what God had shown me in two different times of prayer...a dirt road with weathered wooden buildings. We are so excited about what God has planned for our time there. Our plane tickets have been reserved. We will leave from Portland, Oregon, September 4 and arrive in the Philippines on September 6. We will share the love of Jesus in many places and in a variety of ways. I am especially looking forward to loving the children of the orphanage. I may just bring some peanut butter in my luggage for them. The peanut butter they have there is not like ours and is so expensive few can afford it, so a PB&J would really be a special treat! We will also be working on a church building that Harry and Dee planted two years ago. I am looking forward to worshipping with the people, they love music; the louder the better. Everyone is welcome to join in. We saw photos of a dog and chicken joining the congregation. Many are so poor yet they give what they have. The offering might include a bag of rice or sweet potatoes. Those who are familiar with outreaches know how important flexibility is, so for right now I will not share a more detailed itinerary except to say we leave to return to the States on November 1.
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I cannot wait to hear about a trip longer than 1 week. Let me know if I can help with the manpequilla de cacahuetes since the kids love it so much! I learned how to say it in Spanish since it was a joke to everyone - I lived on apples and manpequilla de cacahuetes. Give everyone a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! Adriana, I am praying for you sweetie! I love you guys so much and wish we could be with Grandma and Grandpa when they visit. We'll visit you in our thoughts though! Hope all is going well. Maybe we can donate some peanut butter....if we can get it away from Josiah!

    ReplyDelete