Monday, July 2, 2007

Technical Difficulties

For those of you who check our blog daily, sorry about not having an entry last night. We are experiencing technical difficulties. I had been looking forward to what I would be able to add to our blog last night. However technical difficulties interrrupted my plans. We went to the World Beat Festival in downtown Salem. I went to take some pictures and our camera died. You know that sound a camera makes when you are loading the film and the film isn't catching? Digital cameras shouldn't make that sound. Okay, I thought, there are others with cameras, including Adriana. So late last night, when we made it home, I began loading her pictures onto the computer so I could view them. This turned out to be a big problem. Something is wrong with the data and now I can't open any pictures on my computer. I can't even delete the folder with her pictures in it and make the problem go away. Somebody else has pictures I can use, but I don't want to load them until my computer is feeling better again.

I hope to be able to put some fun video and pictures from the World Beat Festival on soon. We had a fun time at the festival. Our family and Nat and Shirley (you may remember Nat from the video) volunteered to help. So we all helped in the childrens craft areas in the Asian, European, and American regions of the festival. I had a lot of fun with one of the games in the Asian area where I was assigned, Tinkle Sticks. It is a rythmic dancing game, similar to double-dutch. Instead of a jump rope you use bamboo poles. It was fun when I could convince the kids to play, but even more so when adults would join in. When adults played, large groups of people would gather to watch and cheer. Interestingly enough, the Asian area's children's booth shared space with an informational table for Korea.

I know we will get the technical stuff all worked out, but I like to put pictures and video in the blog. I know I would get really bored of reading what I post, but the pictures and videos of the kids are just so unbelieveable cute.

Grace,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment