Wednesday, July 25, 2007

From Adriana - Ropes Course

Today we (COD 6+) did some of the ropes course. I did the Flying Squirrel. It was lots of fun. I tried to go upside down but I couldn’t. I want to do it again!:) Alexie and I did the Giant Swing together. It was so scary! The air hit us really hard (because we were going so fast) and Alexie was holding me really tight.

Adriana




(Note from Dad) While the big kids learned about teamwork and overcoming fears, Annalise's group spent the afternoon at a park and eventually went to "Donald's House" (McDonald's) for an ice cream cone.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the CDTS adults started the morning with intercession for the Philippines. We continued our discussion with Fred Allen through the morning. After lunch we had small group time.

Tonight The Rising service was pretty intense. Several ladies are part of a ministry to stop human trafficking. Although a subset of the Slavic Ministries here at the base, this issue is not limited to far away places. One of the ladies will be attending a U.N. conference on the issue. It was pretty intense for a father of 4 wonderful daughters. I cannot imagine the heartbreak involved for the people torn apart by this evil.

Grace,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment