Saturday, July 28, 2007

Radical Disciple?

Today we finished the topic of Radical Discipleship with Fred Allen. Here are my thoughts....

All of us who call Jesus Lord and Savior would probably like to be identified as a disciple of Jesus. But what does this really mean? Remember the game "Follow the Leader"? There you go- that's what it means to be a disciple. Just follow the ultimate leader, Jesus. Not just for the afternoon. No taking turns being the leader. Just do everything Jesus did. In order to do this you have to really know what He did. Dust off your Bible. Don't just look at the words. Read and study it. Good, but not enough. Just like Nike says "Just Do It!" No ifs, ands, and definitely no buts. If there is no devotion, there is no discipleship. It is not my place to say what this means for you, but for me it means my life needs to be different. The way I live this life will not look like everyone else's in this world. Of course, He never intended it to. He also never intended for me to do it on my own either.

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Such wisdom out of the mouth of babes. No wonder God tells us to be like the little children:)

    ReplyDelete