Sunday, July 29, 2007

Outreach

Yesterday the kids did another outreach to the community. Some went to the retirement home to encourage the residents. Others went to the park to hand-out Capri-Sun drinks. I am really pleased with the directors of the Children of Destiny (COD). They really have worked hard to make a great program for the kids. This is definitely NOT babysitting.

Fred and Carol went through the CDTS program here in Salem last year. They then signed on to work at the Salem base and have been spectacular with the kids. Our whole family has been blessed by their ministry. We are excited that they will be joining us when we go to the Philippines.

Today our whole class, including the families, spent all day on the ropes course. It was great. Pictures and video should be on tomorrow's entry. But tonight during Annalise's prayer, I suggested that she thank God for her favorite things on the ropes course. She replied, "I don't need to tell Him, Him watched us."

May He watch over you as well,
Tom

2 comments:

  1. Hey I still don't see my blog as a link on your site... I don't know, I am feeling the rejection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are there now, brother! Glad to have you aboard.

    ReplyDelete